Music and guitar lessons from guitarist-singer-songwriter Spiros Soukis
Learn how to play your favorite songs, pick up your favorite solos, get the right sound from your amp and stompboxes, combined with music theory, harmony, sight-reading and ear-training.
At my midtown Manhattan studio, or at your own place.
GROUP rates available.
ALL LEVELS…..BEGINNERS ARE WELCOME………
E-mail me for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org
“You have a lot to offer, even to good working guitarists.”
Steve – Sonicraft sound enginee
Fun Guitar Lessons for all ages!
Athens Conservatory,Stockholm`s university – Music Theory-Music History, Music Theory, 1989
Electric-acoustic guitar teacher. – Marathon, 1990-1995
Guitar Teacher. – Stockholm, 1984-1988
Guitar Teacher – Nea Makri Attica., 1990-1995
Electric guitar teacher. – Athens, 1994-2000
Guitar, Bass, Music Theory teacher – New York, 2003-2013
• Nick R July 2, 2013 Spiros is a great guitar player, a great teacher and a great guy. Strongly recommended. You will definitely learn, and definitely enjoy the process.
• Jack R June 24, 2013 Absolutely awesome! I came to Spiros with almost no playing experience and he blew me away. His lessons and assignments for me were challenging but doable, and not only was I impressed by his skill and mastery of the instrument but by my own improvement, which thanks to his tutelage happened faster than I could have imagined. In addition to being a passionate and expert guitarist, Spiros is a patient and flexible teacher who tailors your lesson to your interests with enthusiasm. He has also introduced me to lots of great new music, and to top it all is a really nice guy!
• Mark B June 24, 2013 Spiros is the Greek Eric Clapton! He is a terffic instructor who implements fun into the process. I look forward to the next session as it is always unpredictable and entertaining as we move from Guns & Roses to Zepellin to Clapton and more! It’s a blast!
• Carl I June 10, 2011 Spiros is one of those musical masters that not only exhibits rare skill on guitar, but can actually tell you, in practical terms, WHY he plays what he plays and through this, retain focus on the HOW to develop the skills necessary to learn the instrument on a deeper level. Spiros lives within the arc of guitar, specifically, blues, rock, jazz, electric acoustic, so as a full time performer and song writer, he brings a very practical perspective to playing guitar. Want to learn how to play song(s) or go deeper to read music and tab, no problem. Want scales and theory, he can cover that as well. He’ll spend time tailoring lessons to what it is you want to learn to help you achieve your goals on guitar not a one size fit all mentality. I recommend Spiros.
• Michael M June 1, 2011 I have been taking lessons with Spiros for just over a year now and I highly recommend him as a guitar and music theory teacher.
• Craig S May 15, 2011 My lessons with Spiros started a few years ago when I a beginner trying to teach himself. He has now developed my playing to the point where not only do I have a catalog of songs but also learned music theory in a fun and usable way. This has allowed me to devlop to the point where I have gone from playing along with recordings to being able to improvise with more advanced players. He has done this by teaching me any song I suggested as well as expanding the catalog of artists I listen too. I appreciate his enthusiasm towards the lessons (especially when I successfully perform a new concept) and his understanding of an adult’s hectic schedule. Spiros is patient enough for the new student and has the expertise to improve advanced players. I highly recommend you experience both his enthusiasm and expertise by checking out his show at BB King’s and you will be quickly convinced.
• Mike K May 3, 2011 Spiros is a great teacher, and really easy to work with. Taking weekly lessons with him over the course of several years, my playing evolved from a self-taught hack to a fairly proficient player with working knowledge of theory, improvisation skills, and a repertoire of great 60′s and 70′s rock classics. He was very accommodating of my work schedule and understanding of the amount of time I could devote to playing each week. Spiros also was able to take any song I was interested in learning, break it apart, and teach me all of the pieces. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to build their chops… from beginners to more advanced players.